Floyds

Floyds

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

After Midnight Thoughts



Yes, it is late. Much too late for me to have many coherent thoughts, much less blog about them. But nevertheless, I am thinking and not sleeping. Sleep for me right now means pain, so sometimes it seems to do well for me to wait until I can't stay awake another second so that I crash and sleep really soundly for however many hours, and then deal with the pain. That's better than getting eight hours of continually interrupted sleep, right? Well, these are my early Wednesday morning thoughts. Sorry to inflict them upon you.

1. Heartburn is of the devil. I didn't even eat anything that bad tonight, but still....burn baby burn.

2. Oh... my gosh, this kid can kick. Maybe that's another reason I'm not going to bed....because this wonderful, yet absolutely weird sensation of being kicked to death from the inside makes it difficult to doze.

3. I love my girlfriends. Wow do I love them. They are amazing and beautiful. (cheese moment) I want to leave this place SO badly, but I hate the idea of leaving them. Even when we stay up WAY too late, it is always worth it.

4. The AC in our car is being dumb. The cold air comes out, but every time you turn it on the car makes the most awful, obnoxious screeching sound and will only stop if you turn the AC off again. So for the sake of my poor pregnant self, my hair, and my poor child, I hope we can fix it before we go on vacation (which, in case you were wondering, I am SO SO excited for). Driving down the freeway with the windows rolled down is....well, just....no. (As Jane would say, "H no!"

5. I'm glad Ali sent Kasey packing....even better, left him on a volcano in Iceland. Creep...psycho. And who else is relieved we don't have to hear him say, "Guard and protect your heart" one more freaking time?!

6. Poop is just gross. Today is the third day in a row that Logan has pooped his pants. What the...? I thought we had this potty trained thing down!

7. Logan just started crying. I didn't stay awake for this, but I suppose if I were asleep, I probably would be even less excited about him waking up. Sigh. I'll be right back.

8. Logan is asleep again. Is it too late for a bowl of cereal? Probably. ..Yea, it is definitely too late for a bowl of cereal.

9. Oh yea....this bowl of cereal is really good. Good call.

10. Okay, I promised myself for your sakes that I would limit myself to ten thoughts and now have too many vieing for the final position, so here's the cliff notes:
Pregancy can suck sometimes, why can't my house stay clean?, I really love my husband but his scruff is really scratchy, I have stupid kid movie songs stuck in my head, I am thinking about chopping my hair off again. Any thoughts? And... ....I don't think I can keep my eyes open anymore.

Thanks for getting me sleepy. Goodnight.

5 comments:

Jess said...

don't chop your hair.. just sayin'

Unknown said...

I love this post!! You are I are totally sisters, I love it! And hair always grows back, trust me, remember how short mine was? Sometimes it's nice to have a change, other times it's not worth it. Anyway, tell that nephew of mine he'll have plenty of time to play with his brother and cousins once he comes out and to settle down so mom can sleep. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

If you're anything like me and the hair, you'll regret it once you chop it off. I agree that scruff can chaff the poor face...I wish I could write that coherent when it's so late. AND, don't leave!!

Michelle said...

Tiff, I enjoyed your post. Sorry that you are so uncomfortable. :( I haven't even started considering potty training Jack, so Logan is further along than we are. Good luck with everything.

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Tiff, we have eaten all sorts of stuff way past 1 am (yeah, bring on the cobbler!) It is never too late for cereal! Hope that your weekend was great!!!