Floyds

Floyds

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All before naptime....

I dragged myself out of bed this morning (dragged because it's another nasty-weather day in Rexburg) and looked in the mirror at my new haircut from yesterday. No more fancy product, no professional style left in it and I suddenly wanted to cry. I was on the fence about it all afternoon yesterday, but this morning....no more fence. I hated it! "Shake it off, Tiff. Nothing you can really do about it now. Maybe it will look better after you style it this morning. And anyway, you've got more important things to worry about. This house is a disaster! You've got to get cleaning and Logan needs breakfast" . So off I went to pop waffles in the toaster and attack the monster pile of laundry. Waffles up, here comes the butter and jam (jam jam jam for Logan...always always always jam). HUGE glass jar of jam (we buy it big because he eats SO much of it) slips out of my hand and shatters on the kitchen floor. Nothing to even salvage in a tupperware because it's full of shards of glass. All the jam goes in the trash and here come the screams because he has to have syrup instead of jam.
Halfway through breakfast, Logan says he has to poop and runs off to the bathroom (FYI, we've been potty training and it has been going GREAT....until today). I hear a plop, so I go to wipe his bum, only to find out he had already pooped in his pull-up (still on from last night) and had felt so bad about pooping in his pull-up that he had gone to bathroom, taken off his pull-up (smearing stuff down his legs) and then taken the poop out with his hands and put it in the toilet. Joy. Straight into the tub he goes and Ben calls, wanting me to look up some phone numbers. I can still hear Logan playing happily while I help Ben, then walk back into the bathroom. My socks are SOAKED. My bathroom is a lake of water from the tub to the door and there's Logan happy as a clam with his handy dumping cup perched on the edge of the tub. Two sopping towels in the hamper, Logan out of the tub, lotion, underwear, clothes, and on goes a movie while Mom showers....really fast.
Half hour later I'm clean and dressed and folding laundry. (And by the way, I don't hate my haircut so much after it's styled again). Logan has an accident. We practice going to the bathroom, then I take the underwear to the hamper and dig through the laundry to find a clean pair while he runs off to his room to play. I come in to put on the new pair and he's squatting on the floor squeezing gobs of lotion, from the bottle we just used after the bath, straight onto the carpet. A few choice words and some hair pulled out (so much for that haircut), the mess is cleaned up. I fold the laundry, he unfolds the laundry. I put his toys away, he dumps them back out, I put the pillows back on the couch, he throws them back on the floor. Sigh. Some more choice words.
Another accident, after I asked him ten times if he had to go. We practice going to the bathroom again. I finally finish putting ALL the laundry away and cleaning the bedrooms and move onto the living room. Less than half an hour since the last one....another accident....this time with poop, once again smeared down his legs. Clean again and the pull-up is on now. Perhaps it wasn't the best choice, but I was done. So I start lunch and he helps himself to a cup of diced peaches from the fridge and spills the juice all over the floor. Another mess cleaned up (thank heaven he likes to get a towel and clean up his own messes). Lunch is cooking, I'm cleaning up the living room and smack my ankle (really hard) on the corner of the entertainment center. And there you have it.....finally....before naptime ever even rolled around, I am down for the count. I curled up in a little pregnant ball on the floor and bawled like a baby. Logan came and sat by me and gave me hugs and kisses until I could pull myself together again. Wipe my face, get lunch on the table, and somehow we make it through the meal with no more fiascos and Logan is asleep in bed. .......Moving on to the dishes.
P.S. Thanks for letting me vent.

7 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

oh goodness!that is a lot before naptime! hopefully the rest of the day only got better! ps. i like your background ; ) so similar to mine and its my fav!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! And I thought I had it bad some days before naptime. Stay strong. Was your hair cut when we were all outside together?

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

What a horrible day!! Sorry Tiff, hopefully you wont have one that bad again...or at least for a really long time!

Michelle said...

Wow - what a day. Being a mom/homemaker is such hard work. Hope your day today is much better.

Brittney said...

wow that was my day yesterday too! hope you feel better.

Amy said...

Holy Cow! That's a crazy morning! I'm so sorry! Being a mom is a tough thing at times! I've been there myself and had just one of those days too recently! Hang in there!

Diane said...

I have one question - have you ever heard of the book, "Raising Your Spirited Child"? Just started reading it with hopes of help for myself =) It's very good so far, and very positive.