
I really love being a mom.
I don't often do a lot of bragging about my child on my blog, so humor me.
On any given day, it doesn't matter how my day is going; good, bad, or otherwise, Logan finds a way to make me laugh.
His two year-old personality is exploding all over our house, whether it be blue and purple swirled playdough snakes, running around the house in his dragon costume, begging me for ANOTHER bag of Disney fruit snacks, or drumming on everything with whatever he can find that resembles drumsticks (thanks to Daddy).
Logan's favorites:
-Fruit snacks, specifically Disney
-Reading stories (usually only mommy is allowed to read them)
-Watching "Cinagrella" aka Cinderella
-Doing EVERYTHING by himself
-Dressing up as a dragon
-Snuggles
-Jumping! Lots and lots of jumping!
-Bumping into Mom and Dad, laughing, and saying "excuse me"
-Going to the library and the play place
-Playing with his friends
-Going to nursery
-Playing baseball on the Wii
-Wrestling with daddy
-Singing songs
-Playing with his ball popper
-Being a fish in the bath

On a not so happy note, ever since his imagination has taken off, Logan has been having nightmares every night. Some of our neighbors recently had a baby and got a baby monitor, which for some wierd reason means ours won't work anymore. I am a very very deep sleeper and have to have the monitor in my room to hear Logan, so I've had to leave my door wide open and hope that I wake up. However, since he's been having his nightmares, I don't seem to have much trouble waking up to the blood-curdling screams that come issuing from his bedroom. I hurry in to find him running about his room screaming in terror, shaking from head to foot. At first he doesn't realize that it's me and shrieks even louder at the sight of someone in his room and runs away from me.
Makes me want to cry.
It usually only takes about a minute of holding him before he wants to lie down and go back to sleep, but this occurs anywhere from 1 to 5 or 6 times a night, which means that Ben and I have been very exhausted lately.
Ever since the nightmares began, Logan is always wanting me to snuggle with him. He tells me he needs it. Yesterday morning I woke up to him climbing into bed with me (don't you love it when they figure out how to get out of their room?) and saying, "Hi, Mommy. I want snuggles.....I need it." (need actually comes out as "meed").

Last week we were upstairs at our neighbor's. Logan was playing with his friend Emma and I was doing crafts with her mom. Emma was in the process of being potty trained and Logan has gone a few times on the toilet, so he understood what was going on. After Emma had gone on the toilet, Logan sat down on her toddler bed with his legs swinging over the railing, looked at me and said, "Mommy, I go pee!" I thought it was pretty funny. Then he got very serious, looked down at his diaper, then at me and said, "Mommy.....I feel hot." Sorry if you think that's gross, but I couldn't help myself. I burst out laughing! I thought it was SO funny!
Then this morning, Ben had to go to Idaho Falls early. I didn't hear his alarm go off, or hear him get up, take a shower, or get dressed. When Logan woke up right before Ben had to leave, Ben went in and got him and came and put him into bed with me so that I would wake up. So I'm slowly waking up, aware that Logan is playing with my fingers, my face, my hair. "Hi-yo, Mommy!" Such a happy kid. I say, "Hi, baby. Good morning." And then he says....
"Mommy grumpy and need a good rest." ....What?!
"Mommy grumpy and need a good rest." ....What?!
Then I realized it was from his ABC emotion book. "G is for grumpy when I need a good rest."
Apparently he thought it was an appropriate thing to say at that moment.
I got a good laugh.
And I know this is "make everyone sick" bragging, but he is SO smart! He knows all the letters of the alphabet and recognizes them everywhere, can nearly count to ten, he memorizes books and songs, and he has an incredible vocabulary. (That's probably also thanks to Daddy, as many of you who know my husband would agree).
I also want to ask some other moms a question. When did your kids stop taking naps? I'm hemming and hawing over whether or not Logan is really ready to give it up. Help, please!
Okay, I'm done. I know it's never as fun reading about other kids as it is writing about your own, especially when I'm so blatantly bragging, so I understand if you didn't enjoy this post. Sometimes a mom's just gotta have an outlet for spilling all the great things kids do that make our job worth it.
And I sure love my kid.
2 comments:
I'm no where near the no naps stage, but my sis-in-law has a four, almost five year old and she started 'quiet time' when she was probably three and a half. Since this sis-in-law has other kids that do nap, the oldest will just sit quietly for those couple of hours and read or watch a movie. So, she started no naps just after three.
Get the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Weissbluth. It is amazing! It talks about sleep, nightmares, naps, etc. He says that most kids need naps until at least three and then gives some statistics about the research he has done. It is my sleep bible. I love that book! I promise it will help answer your questions!
Post a Comment