1. I have kept my house clean everyday, including the dishes, which is quite an accomplishment. Although this has probably been a good learning experience for me, I vow that when I move from here I will never live without a dishwasher again.
2. Not only was Monday a sunshine-y gorgeous holiday, but we had Tuesday off from school as well. Who doesn't love a four-day weekend. Ben still had to work both days, but at least I got some quality time with Logan. When Ben got home in the evenings (of course his missed hugs and kisses always make me happy), we barbecued, hung out with my brother Micah, his fiance Heidi and Ben's brother Steve.
3. My mom decided to come for Mother's Weekend and my sister Beth as well, so it's a lot of girl fun for the weekend.
4. I got a new craft project to work on! Yay! This always makes me happy, and right now my focus is on decorating Logan's room and starting to think about a different theme for his room when we move and he starts sleeping in a toddler bed. A quilt for his bed out of his baby onesies and/or pajamas? (Ben doesn't want me to use the pajamas so we can use them for future kids, and in the name of practicality, he's right, but it would just be so CUTE!)
5. Logan has learned about a hundred new words this week! Okay not really a hundred but here's a list: bye bye (instead of die), amen, hot dog, "oh Toodles" (from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), blanky, cheeks, all gone, big bird, Manny (as in Handy Manny), and some others! It's crazy how fast he picks up new words! Amazing. And it makes me so happy that we can start communicating more.
6. We recently had to recertify for our subsidized housing now that Ben is working again, and when we found out what we were going to be paying in rent now we flipped. It was so high that we would not be able to pay all our other bills, let alone have anything left over for necessities and things. Yesterday I had a prompting to go talk to the manager about it while Ben was at work, even though we had agreed to go talk to him after Ben got off. I needed to get Logan lunch and down for a nap, but decided to listen to the prompting. As it turned out there was one simple change that needed to be made on a form Ben's boss had filled out, but if it was going to be corrected, it HAD to be done that day or else it would have been too late because final paperwork had to be in the next day. I was able to take the form down to Ben's boss right away and get the change made and back into our manager. If I had waited until Ben had gotten home, his boss would have been gone and the store closed making it impossible to get the form changed later on. Because of that one change on the form we will be paying one fourth of what we previously had been expecting. Thank heaven for listening to the spirit's promptings.
7. I've been trying really hard to get in the habit of reading my scriptures at least a little everyday. This past week I have been able to read everyday and it has made such a tremendous difference, not only in my closeness with the spirit, but also the way I interact with Logan, do my schoolwork, keep my house, and I believe I would not have been able to receive the prompting I wrote about in #6.
8. I finally recharged the cheap batteries for my camera in order to take some pictures of Logan. It had been so long, and unfortunately those darn batteries still didn't last very long, but at least I was able to snap a few cute ones before it died. I also like playing with editing them on my computer.
9. I have had the opportunity to read some really good books recently for my Young Adult Literature class. It's nice being able to read some good books for school instead of just text books. Some of the books I've read in the past few weeks have been: The Giver (amazing!), The Only Alien on the Planet, Walk Two Moons, The Cay, and Crispin.
10. One of the best things this past week has been the amazing weather. In Rexburg we go through such long, bleak winters that when the sun and warmth finally arrive it is positively the greatest feeling. It's very hard to be miserable when the sky is blue, the sun is bright, the trees are impossibly green, and the temperature is just right. It also helps that I'm getting a nice little bit of a tan. Ahhhh....I love summer. It also means Logan and I have been able to hit the park and the splash park a lot. Fun times!
Here are a few of the pictures I took the other day. I can't believe my little boy is so big. And SO cute!





3 comments:
Logan is so darn cute! I liked your list...it motivates me to do better!! Thanks!
I miss you Tiffy!! Maelie and I want to go the park with you!
Glad to hear things are going good! I've been thinking about you guys lately and wondering how you are! Logan is getting so big, it's amazing! I wish we still lived close so that Logan and Angie could play together! Miss you!
Post a Comment